Unlimited Shared Hosting Spam or Not, How to get the best of them?



Hello friends AariDama here, It's been one of the biggest mystery in hosting industry since it's arrival. Unlimited web hosting Saga continues with many reputed hosting companies. How can they deliver unlimited hosting from server which has specific disk space and bandwidth?

First of all let me say, there is no Unlimited Hosting. No hosting company can provide unlimited web hosting. Normally hosting companies sell unlimited hosting in shared web hosting. Where newbie developers or users tempted to host their website. I was one of them. I used many unlimited shared hosting for many projects. Many of them were big projects. At that time I was not familiar with VPS or Dedicated hosting, where I have to install and configure necessary packages.

I have tried unlimited shared hosting of many top hosting providers including hostgator, godaddy, bluehost, fatcow, 1&1, Inmotion, liquidweb, siteground, site5 and more. You don't find their trick, until you hit their fair usage limit. When you hit that limit, it will reflect on the performance of the hosting. That time you will contact the customer support. Then they will tell you, their fair usage limit. It may be 20GB, 30GB or 100GB for example.

I never think of it before, In my case Hostgator support told me all these stuff first time. When I had issues, the customer support told me. "There is no unlimited shared hosting, all unlimited plan has limitations. Our disk limit is 30GB and Bandwidth 100GB. Once you hit that limit, you have to upgrade the plan or move your website to our VPS or Dedicated plans."

Now I know these unilimited hosting are fake. So whenever I signup for another shared hosting with a company. I contacted the sales team before ordering the service. I asked them about their limit. Each company has their on value. Some of them has 100GB Disk 500GB traffic. Some of them has 20GB Disk and 100GB traffic.

So how to get the best Unlimited (funny) Shared hosting?

I already mentioned that, Ask the sales team in chat about their limit. If the sales team didn't know about it. Tell them to ask the support team and get back to you. That's how you can find the best. They change the limit from time to time. So if you ask who has the big limit. I can't say that. Try and find yourself.

So now you know how to do it. Shared hosting is for beginners or newbie developers who doesn't know how to set up a VPS or Dedicated server. Use shared hosting in the beginning, then learn about Ubuntu OS or Cent OS. Get a small VPS from any provider and try. That's how you grow as a developer.

Hope this article helped you. If it does, Please share it to your friends. Sharing is Knowledge friends. Do share it. See ya in another blog.

Comments

  1. This is really a nice and informative blog.

    Shared web hosting services work best for the sites that have comparatively low website traffic and do not require a large amount of memory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Install Phoenix OS with Ubuntu 17.10 (dual boot)